Sivu on muuttanut uuteen osoitteeseen

The Return of The Prodigal Daughter

Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Return of The Prodigal Daughter

It has been a month now since I got back to Finland. Mixed feelings, mixed feelings...


I have been speaking a lot of Finglish, almost got run over a car because I look in the wrong direction when I cross the road, and I keep forgetting to weigh the veggies at the supermarket. 








Seeing my family and friends, enjoying the Finnish summer, the silence, fresh air and nature, doing all the familiar stuff, eating Finnish food and going to sauna, has been good. 




Then again, I am starting to remember clearly why I so eagerly wanted to leave here two years ago. Nothing here has changed. I don't like the people here. This town is too small for me. Every day is a Sunday.


Even though it was great to see my friends, it seems like we don't see each other anymore now that we are in the same country than when I was on the other side of the globe. 


How do you define home anyway? Is it the place where you grew up in? It does make a place feel familiar, but in this case painfully familiar. Is home where you feel like home? Because here I don't feel like home at all, I don't feel like I belong here. And if home is where the heart is, my home is in Norway right now.

I feel like this town and its people are choking me. I'm stuck here now, at least for a while, but just so you know, the travel junkie is already planning the next trip.... 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home